Wrong choice of imposition with Phoenix application

Post Reply
schmitzdp
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Wrong choice of imposition with Phoenix application

Post by schmitzdp » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:35 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to impose my files using the Phoenix application in Switch. However, I realize that the result of imposition via Switch flow is not the best compared to imposition with the same files in Phoenix manually where the best result is chosen based on the least amount of material loss or the least cost.

In Switch, application Phoenix simply takes the first one that is generated it seems to me. (ID 1)

I use the same imposition AI profile in both cases.

Have you been confronted with this case ?

Thank you.

TiliaGeorge
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Re: Wrong choice of imposition with Phoenix application

Post by TiliaGeorge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi there!

I realize this is a pretty late reply to your post. Hopefully you have already contacted the Tilia Labs Help Desk to get a resolution to your problem. I'll post the solution here as well in case others run into the same issue.

In the tilia Phoenix App, you have the option to set a time limit for the Plan algorithm to run. We suggest somewhere between 2-5 minutes depending on the complexity of the products (contour items take a little longer) and the specs of your hardware.

You can find this option in the "Stop plan after N minutes" field of the app properties. If this value is set to zero (0) then the app will simply return the first result that Imposition A.I. derives. If you set this to a longer duration then tilia Phoenix will return the top result after the time limit is reached.

Hope that helps! You can also find all the full documentation for the tilia Phoenix Switch App on our documentation page here.

Best,

TiliaGeorge

schmitzdp
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Re: Wrong choice of imposition with Phoenix application

Post by schmitzdp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 am

Yes, indeed.

Let me add that the upgrade to Phoenix 7.0.4, as well as the download of the new application "tilia Phoenix Connect" were necessary to solve this. ;)

Thank you very much for your answers

Post Reply