SmartStream template not working

lombert

SmartStream template not working

Post by lombert »

Hi

I have a SmartStream template thats is on 225x320mm paper. And then I use it in Switch SmartStream it not look the same.

This is the template:

And this is how the pdf looking after it has being processed by Switch and SmartStream:

As you can see it has centred the imposition on the paper, not keep it ofcenter as I need it to be.

Any have the same problem?
Between jobs!
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: SmartStream template not working

Post by gabrielp »

Which SmartStream configurator are you using?
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
lombert

Post by lombert »

It's the normal imposition configurator. Runs on CS6 version of Indesign. Switch 12v3.
Between jobs!
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Maybe it has something to do with the Paper Size you can define in the configurator settings.
By design the configurator Paper Size value should overrule the size in your custom template, however it does not with SmartStream 10 (haven't tested with 11 yet). HP is aware of this and it's logged as a bug.
Since you are using CS6 and a different SmartStream version (? not sure), it might have a similar issue.

What happens if you define a default Paper Size 330x480 here?

Maybe it's a variant of the bug I faced, then we need to find out how the bug works 8-)

Bcolor.Tech

Post by Bcolor.Tech »

I had to make sure that there was a paper size defined in InDesign/Smartstream whose name exactly matches that called out in the configurator. I remember having issues using a default size as well. For instance, if the default was 13" by 19". There had to be a paper called, "13 x 19" in both the configurator and in the Smartstream settings.

ie. 330x480 in both places, not 330 x 480 vs 330x480, etc.
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

For your information,

My paper size issue with the configurator is fixed in SmartStream 11.1.5, which I got yesterday.

HP:
"There is a new version of SmartStream Designer available which includes the fix for the Paper Size issue."