HP SmartStream Designer saving imposed JLT files

GSBSwitch1

HP SmartStream Designer saving imposed JLT files

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

Hey all, I am new to enfocus and am just getting started implementing workflows. With that said, I am in need of simply imposing a file and saving it as a JLT in order for my press operators to recognize, select and print a defined PMS color. This seems like an easy enough task but the SmartStream Designer configurator only has the option of saving a PDF! I believe that the VDP configurator is my only option for saving out a JLT file, however my file is not variable and I don't see where I can pull in an imposition template file. Am I missing something So, is it possible to implement an imposition template and save out a JLT file?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: HP SmartStream Designer saving imposed JLT files

Post by gabrielp »

I haven't had a need to do that, but you can also impose files with the JDF configurator. Why do you need to stick with JLT? We've moved away from JLT in favor of PDF.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
GSBSwitch1

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

We have problems on press being able to recognize the defined PMS color in the PDF file for a custom-mixed PMS job that we run each week. It seems to only be recognized on press with a JLT. Granted we have been told that we should be able to from a PDF, but without any success we just resorted to .JLT which fixed it. But now I want to run this job through Switch...
GSBSwitch1

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

For anyone interested, we resolved the issue by creating a ticket template on the HP Production Pro DFE which has this specific PMS color + CMYK defined in the color mode so I can successfully print our imposed PDF file -- no need to save out the JLT.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Thanks for following up with your solution. Glad you were able to work it out.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
cstevens

Post by cstevens »

Another option would be to use the "HP SmartStream Designer VDP" configurator. It requires that you create a .hpd template and unpack it first, but the configurator allows you to drop in database files (.csv or .txt) and it will generate multiple file types (JLYT, PPML or PDF).

As part of the .hpd template creation process you can setup an imposition template and assign in to the template as well.