Help needed to get going with HP DFE JDF Control

aapl

Help needed to get going with HP DFE JDF Control

Post by aapl »

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how the JDF configurator is supposed to work in Switch and where it's output is to go in the Production Pro DFE.

1 - What should output format be from JDF Control element? JDF ticket or MIME.
2 - If we use MIME, where in the DFE should this file go to get processed?
3 - When we output JDF ticket, dropping this file into JDF hotfolder results in file moving quickly to error subfolder and nothing reported in the DFE job list?
4 - does anyone have a working flow they can post to guide me? MANY THANKS if you do!!!

Roger
lombert

Re: Help needed to get going with HP DFE JDF Control

Post by lombert »

It's has being up in other post.

1: Use JDF, not mime.

3: If it gets to the error folder, there is some wrong with the parameters in the jdf configurator.
Between jobs!
lombert

Post by lombert »

Here is from one flow I have;

The parameter for "Asset File Location" and " Asset Location URL" is probably not the same in your system, but it gives a clue how to set it up.

Set everything to Not set, and add one thing at time and se if it works.
The "Imposition Template" has some bugs, and there are workarounds.
Between jobs!
aapl

Post by aapl »

Hi Lombert,

thanks for the reply.

1 - how did you get the screen capture image into your reply?
2 - I've got PDF landing into Jobs/jdf_assets and JDF file landing into Jobs/JDF. But now JDF file moves right into error folder. I have all as none or not set but something is amiss. I have none in Internet Input Method is that correct?

Thanks,
Roger
lombert

Post by lombert »

aapl wrote:Hi Lombert,

thanks for the reply.

1 - how did you get the screen capture image into your reply?
2 - I've got PDF landing into Jobs/jdf_assets and JDF file landing into Jobs/JDF. But now JDF file moves right into error folder. I have all as none or not set but something is amiss. I have none in Internet Input Method is that correct?

Thanks,
Roger
I'm using an internet-service that is uploads a picture and then you use the link and paste it into the post using "img /img"". In sweden one service is "Forumbilder.se"..

The "Asset File Location" and " Asset Location URL" is neccesery to be correct. See the picture, and the last line in the yellow pop-up, both is the same but different. The jdf is a normal Switch-output-hotfolder..
Between jobs!
aapl

Post by aapl »

Hi Lombert, I've got the 2 files landing in the DFE (on the right) so something's not right in one of the other settings I guess. Here is a screen grab of my settings and text from the JDF. Thanks for your help, Roger

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<JDF xmlns="http://www.CIP4.org/JDFSchema_1_1" Type="Combined" ID="rootNodeId" Status="Waiting" JobPartID="000.cdp.797" Version="1.3" Types="DigitalPrinting" DescriptiveName="Roger_06x09_2PageTall-imposed">
<AuditPool><Created AgentName="Enfocus~Switch - HP DFE JDF Configurator" AgentVersion="8" TimeStamp="2016-06-15T11:52:28"/></AuditPool><Comment Name="JobSpec">templateStaticDoc</Comment><ResourcePool>
<Media Class="Consumable" ID="M001" Status="Available" DescriptiveName="Use press default"/>
<DigitalPrintingParams Class="Parameter" ID="DPP001" Status="Available" PageDelivery="ReverseOrderFaceUp"><MediaRef rRef="M001"/></DigitalPrintingParams>
<RunList ID="RunList_1" Status="Available" Class="Parameter">
<LayoutElement>
<FileSpec MimeType="application/pdf" URL="FILE://HPPRO1-SM1/Jobs/jdf_assets/Roger_06x09_2PageTall-imposed.pdf"/>
</LayoutElement>
</RunList>
<Component ID="Component" ComponentType="FinalProduct" Status="Unavailable" Class="Quantity"/>
<Device Class="Implementation" ID="D001" Status="Available" DeviceID="Retain on dfe"/><LayoutPreparationParams Class="Parameter" ID="LPP001" Status="Available" Rotate="Rotate0"><ExternalImpositionTemplate><FileSpec URL="urn:None"/></ExternalImpositionTemplate></LayoutPreparationParams><StackingParams Class="Parameter" ID="SP001" Status="Available"><SourceResource><FeedingParamsRef rRef="FPS-J"/></SourceResource><Disjointing Number="1"/></StackingParams><FeedingParams Class="Parameter" ID="FPS-J" Status="Available"><Feeder FeederType="Copy"/></FeedingParams><GatheringParams Class="Parameter" ID="GP001" Status="Available"><Disjointing><InsertSheet SheetType="JobSheet" SheetUsage="Trailer"><Layout><Media ProductID="Content" StockType="BannerStock"/><MarkObject CTM="1 0 0 1 0 0"><DeviceMark><GeneralID IDUsage="BorderColor" IDValue="Cyan"/><GeneralID IDUsage="FontColor" IDValue="Cyan"/></DeviceMark></MarkObject></Layout><RunList SheetSides="Front"/></InsertSheet></Disjointing></GatheringParams></ResourcePool>
<ResourceLinkPool>
<MediaLink rRef="M001" Usage="Input"/>
<DigitalPrintingParamsLink rRef="DPP001" Usage="Input"/>
<RunListLink rRef="RunList_1" Usage="Input"/>
<ComponentLink Usage="Output" rRef="Component" Amount="1234"/>
<DeviceLink rRef="D001" Usage="Input"/><LayoutPreparationParamsLink rRef="LPP001" Usage="Input"/><StackingParamsLink rRef="SP001" Usage="Input"/><FeedingParamsLink rRef="FPS-J" Usage="Input"/><GatheringParamsLink rRef="GP001" Usage="Input"/></ResourceLinkPool>
</JDF>
lombert

Post by lombert »

Hi

I tried your settings and I got some error to.

The first I need to have this string at "Asset Location URL"; FILE://hpro1-sm1/Jobs/jdf_assets/[Job.Name]
If I use your without the [Job.Name] I got an error, and I new some other with that problem.

And your setting at "Destination Device"; 'Retain on dfe' is not correct. I get error if using that. Use 'Not set'. The pop-up text is not correct all the time, there is more pop-up text that say one thing and ment something else. :)

If you want to get the file on a specific press or press controller use this;

This for Press Controller, use "Host IP Adress"

Or this work if you want to get to the press direct. Make a group and use the "Press Group Name"..

And like this in Switch;

Try this setting first and see if it works;

Then you can add the other settings..
Between jobs!
aapl

Post by aapl »

Victory!