How to make a flow with Dynagram inpO2 configurator?

diwu

Post by diwu »

I made a flow with the inpO2 configurator but the job stays in the input folder. The automation module reports that the job is processed successfully but it seems like Switch does not pick up the result?

Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

diwu wrote: I made a flow with the inpO2 configurator but the job stays in the input folder. The automation module reports that the job is processed successfully but it seems like Switch does not pick up the result?

Double check your output setting and make sure the output profile you have selected is pointing to the right input folder for your workflow. If you continue to have issues, email me directly and we can help sort it out for you then we'll post the answer here so others can see. But double check your output settings from inpO2 first... this is probably the issue.

My direct email is michaelr@dynagram.com

Michael Reiher

Director of Sales and Marketing

Dynagram
Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

I wanted to post an update to this question. Looking back I learned one important thing that is important and a great feature when working with Switch and inpO2.

Although our Output Configurations have an output path, these are overridden when working with a Switch workflow and the inpO2 Configurator. So you need to have an output folder designated in your workflow within Switch and this is where your imposed files will go.

What the Output Configuration file does is tell inpO2 how to create your output as in create one file, or output each signature as it's own file. Or output JDF. Just the output path is overridden by Switch.

Overall this is great since you don't have to have a different inpO2 Output Configuration file for each workflow's output path. Just the type of output you want.

I hope this makes sense. Of course, feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.

Michael Reiher

Director of Sales and Marketing

Dynagram
CGXTex

Post by CGXTex »

I am having the same issue as well. It just seems the pdf file is not "accepted" by the inp02 element within the flow.

I have set my input and output paths to the inp02 element the same way I have with all the other programs I use within Switch. Not exactly sure what the show-stopper is.

Is there a demo flow out there that actually works?
Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

Good idea on providing a simple flow. I'll see what I need to do to get that on the site. :)

But in general... here is the minimum.

1. You have to have an input folder in Switch.

2. Needs to link to inpO2 Config.

3. Have to have a Imposition Preset and an Output setting defined. Both are profiles created within inpO2 and use the "Select from Library" option to load one.

4. You have to have an output folder defined in Switch.

That should take any PDF dropped in the input folder and impose it to your settings, and place the imposed file in the output folder.

Again... I'll look at getting a basic flow uploaded to the site.

Michael Reiher

Dynagram
Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

Check your inpO2 Version

I worked with one of the customers this morning having issues with inpO2 not processing or Acrobat throwing an error when the Flow was activated.

It turned out to be an easy thing, but one easily missed too. If you're having any issues with inpO2 Automation, please be sure to check version number... it needs to be inpO2 Automation version 3.6.3 or higher.

Be sure download the latest version from our web site... www.dynagram.com

Michael Reiher

Dynagram