Auto Impo... What's your needs?

Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

Hello, Michael Reiher here. I'm with Dynagram.

I've been working on variety of different workflows and helping some customers with different automated imposition solutions. Everything from a simple business card workflow, to a complex sort, route, collect and impose.... and route again... impose again type workflows.

What I've seen is that everyone seems to have slightly different needs (even for the same types of jobs) based on their input files, output device, finishing, etc. Of course, this is true with all imposition work, but now with solutions such as Switch there can be a new level of complexity as well as a new level of capabilities.

With that said, I'd like to learn more from members here about what they need for automated imposition. Any special workflow needs. Special marks or layouts. By learn more about the needs of the members here, it will help us at Dynagram communicate what we can do today and what we need to add or improve on for the future. A good thing for us all. :)

So, if you'd like to help out and share the types of jobs you'd like to run through an automated imposition workflow, please email me directly (email below). Describe your workflow, what you'd like to achieve and if you have a sample final layout please include that.

Thank you in advance if you decide to send me your info. I'm looking forward to learning more about your needs.

Sincerely,

Michael Reiher

Director of Sales and Marketing

Dynagram

Email: Michaelr@dynagram.com
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Michael - found this post while browsing other solutions.

We need a full, dynamic imposition solution.

I want to send a Folding scheme, bind style, extent and trim size - the software should be then aware of overfold, gutters & grips etc, and calculate the template on the fly (a proof of concept I have done in Excel)

Not much to ask - but basically we want the world!
Michael.Reiher

Post by Michael.Reiher »

Clive,

Good to hear from you. What you're asking for is easily handled by inpO2 Automation (and other solutions as well). However, the approach may be a little different then you describe. What's nice is you can easily define some dynamic workflows and let the trim and page count determine the overall job automatically.

However, I'm no longer with Dynagram - I'm with Enfocus now - i know the gang at Dynagram would be happy to show you what they can do. I think once you see how it works, you'll see how it can work for you.

I hope this is helpful!
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Thank you Michael - I downloaded a demo version - alas that doesn't dem the Automator - I'll drop the guys an email today...