Imposing Smartstream Production Pro Print server

Deaken

Imposing Smartstream Production Pro Print server

Post by Deaken »

Hello there,

I am struggling with the automatic ganging function from the SSPPPS, I manage to create a working ticket template for a hotfolder. It is possible to punt in a multiple pages PDF and it Nups the seperate pages perfectly. They are personalised but the Nup function just works fine. The it takes the trimbox size from the pdf as pagesize and automatically Nup as much as possible.
All fine here, no problems.

But then,
Now I want to use the HP Digital Front End JDF Control in switch to create a jdf with its asset file. No problem here. You are not able to add a custom ticket template with the HP Digital Front End JDF Control configurator, only the default ticket templates. So I found the solution to that on these forums. Edit a little text in the jdf file and you are done. Still no problems!

After that,
The jdf arrives at the Print server and then it goes wrong, it just does not accept the pdf size from the pdf as the page size for the imposition. When I have used the size for creating the ticket template from the pdf of 10x10cm it only calculates with these numbers.

When I open the job on the print server it uses the correct imposition template but it does not do what is has to do, see screenshots.

Image Image

Self editing the job on the print server:
Image Image

Is there somebody who knows how to fix this?

Best wishes,
Deaken
Deaken

Re: Imposing Smartstream Production Pro Print server

Post by Deaken »

Nobody?
sander
Advanced member

Re: Imposing Smartstream Production Pro Print server

Post by sander »

First of all. Don't take all DFE errors/warning seriously. This is my auto-impose 2up ticket template. It's for papersize 320x460 on a Indigo 7x00.
Let's take a look at the default paper size and image size values..

> You are not able to add a custom ticket template with the HP Digital Front End JDF Control configurator, only the default ticket templates.
That's not correct. We are talking about the internet input method right? Just create a ISV and link it to your ticket template. Replace the templateStaticDoc value in the JDf configurator.
Create isv: @DFE -> System -> Internet Input Methods

My first guess. Swap your width/height, don't ask, just try :) See my ticket template;

I've a lot more ideas so I'll stay around to see if I can help you out.

Sander