Switch 2020 and HP Smartstream Designer Imposition 15.0

baldifabrizio

Switch 2020 and HP Smartstream Designer Imposition 15.0

Post by baldifabrizio »

Good evening, we have ServerSwitch 20 fall, with the HP SmartStream Designer Imposition v 15 and Indesign 2020. If we send a file without bleed, the imposition is done correctly, if we send a bleed file, the graphic is shifted right and down, ie the bleed is considered part of the graphic, so the graphic is no longer centered on the cut marks. This whether you choose to crop Media or Trimbox in the app, the graphics are always decentralized if the pdf to be imposed contains bleed. I am attaching 2 pdfs so as to better view the problem. I tried using another user's pitstop action list with no success. Do you have any ideas? Thank you very much
Archivio.zip
2 pdf imposed - one with bleed (wrong) one without bleed (right)
(118.51 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Fabrizio Baldi
baldifabrizio

Re: Switch 2020 and HP Smartstream Designer Imposition 15.0

Post by baldifabrizio »

Hi, I open a case with HP Support on PrintOS, and they gave me an other version of plugin for Indesign 2020 (HP SmartStream Designer 15.5.28 for InDesign 2020 PC 20201209) and now it is all ok.
baldifabrizio wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:52 pm Good evening, we have ServerSwitch 20 fall, with the HP SmartStream Designer Imposition v 15 and Indesign 2020. If we send a file without bleed, the imposition is done correctly, if we send a bleed file, the graphic is shifted right and down, ie the bleed is considered part of the graphic, so the graphic is no longer centered on the cut marks. This whether you choose to crop Media or Trimbox in the app, the graphics are always decentralized if the pdf to be imposed contains bleed. I am attaching 2 pdfs so as to better view the problem. I tried using another user's pitstop action list with no success. Do you have any ideas? Thank you very much Archivio.zip
Fabrizio Baldi
baldifabrizio

Re: Switch 2020 and HP Smartstream Designer Imposition 15.0

Post by baldifabrizio »

Hi, I open a case with HP Support on PrintOS, and they gave me an other version of plugin for Indesign 2020 (HP SmartStream Designer 15.5.28 for InDesign 2020 PC 20201209) and now it is all ok.
baldifabrizio wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:52 pm Good evening, we have ServerSwitch 20 fall, with the HP SmartStream Designer Imposition v 15 and Indesign 2020. If we send a file without bleed, the imposition is done correctly, if we send a bleed file, the graphic is shifted right and down, ie the bleed is considered part of the graphic, so the graphic is no longer centered on the cut marks. This whether you choose to crop Media or Trimbox in the app, the graphics are always decentralized if the pdf to be imposed contains bleed. I am attaching 2 pdfs so as to better view the problem. I tried using another user's pitstop action list with no success. Do you have any ideas? Thank you very much Archivio.zip
Fabrizio Baldi