Smartstream causing InDesign to crash

LasseThid
Advanced member

Smartstream causing InDesign to crash

Post by LasseThid »

I'm trying to create a Switch flow that will position an incoming pdf on an imposition created by Smartstream, but even at it's simplest form, i.e. a folder for the incoming file, HP Smartstream Imposition and a folder for the output, the only result I get is InDesign crashing.
I created the imposition in InDesign 2014 with Smartstream 10.1.8 on the same Mac (OS X 10.10.2) that Switch is running on.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause InDesign to crash?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
John.M.Dean

Re: Smartstream causing InDesign to crash

Post by John.M.Dean »

Could you please provide more details? Are you using the HP Imposition configurator? Are there any errors/warnings in Switch?
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

The test flow that I set up looks like this:

In folder -> HP SmartStream Designer Imposition -> Out folder, with additional folders for logs and errors.

When dropping a pdf file in the In folder InDesign would start up and then crash sending the pdf and an xml-file to the logs folder.

Today I received an early access version of SmartStream v10.2.9 which has only been released to a limited number of customers and this version solved my problem. According to the information I received they are aiming for a general release in May.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
lombert

Post by lombert »

Are you using Extended Characters in the filename? eg. åäö?

I think it's stil some problem with that that makes SmartStream to crash. I have on Rename Job before SmartStream set to reduce character set and Portable ASCII. And after rename it back to original if necessery.
Between jobs!
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

No extended characters in the file name.

I'll keep this in mind though. Thanks.