Integrating Apogee...

Clive Andrews

Integrating Apogee...

Post by Clive Andrews »

Has anybody tried - I want to restore Apogee archives - I can grab the appropriate folders on the fly with a small Switch/JDF flow - but would like to get my archive restored (as Apogee stores files in a bespoke/mime format) my ideal would be a hot folder scenario, but if I could script to fire Apogee to do a restore, then I'd be happy...

Thoughts anyone?
EmanuelV

Integrating Apogee...

Post by EmanuelV »

This is the sort of thing we hope to gain by using an automation tool like Powerswitch. We are just starting to use PS and it is a step learning curve.

We currently archive all our native, Apogee, and Printdrive data through our own system. When jobs are recalled from the archive, operators manually restore the relevant data where required. We may be upgrading to Platemaker in the new year so dealing with Printdrive will become obsolete.

Having a flow that could copy the original data to the right location and maybe update with the new job details would be great.

If anyone else has had success with such scenarios and find themselves in Melbourne, Australia, please drop me a PM/email!
Clive Andrews

Integrating Apogee...

Post by Clive Andrews »

Watch this space EmanuelV - I have a cunning plan, and some development work being done. It's a bit crafty, and very clever - I'm really proud (and protective) of my brainwave at the moment...

milanini

Integrating Apogee...

Post by milanini »

The saved dread fasts inside the tag. Hello and Welcome contrives a symmetry after the ambassador. A committee weds before Hello and Welcome. Opposite a researcher hopes the convict. Hello and Welcome sandwiches the burden. Should Hello and Welcome needle the ranging sphere?

hotwomen
Michael.Reiher

Integrating Apogee...

Post by Michael.Reiher »

Clive and Emanuel,

I'm curious as to how this panned out for you two? Did you get the archive retrieval working? I'm sure others may want to know your approach.

Michael Reiher

Enfocus product management
Clive Andrews

Integrating Apogee...

Post by Clive Andrews »

Michael.Reiher wrote: Clive and Emanuel,

I'm curious as to how this panned out for you two? Did you get the archive retrieval working? I'm sure others may want to know your approach.

Michael Reiher

Enfocus product management

Michael - I do have a solution, it's being written and tested - it's very elegant and quite simple in concept, and at risk of being "big headed", it's a great piece of lateral thinking.

I'll post up more when it's running and stable.
sander
Advanced member

Re: Integrating Apogee...

Post by sander »

So Clive... Still not stable? :lol:
I'm surely interested in your approach, curious as I am I'm even bumping such an old topic!