[FEATURE REQUEST] : Metadata "browser"

r.zegwaard

[FEATURE REQUEST] : Metadata "browser"

Post by r.zegwaard »

Hi All,

When developping / debugging flows, i often have to look in to the metadata of jobs.
To do this, i usually select a connection and change one of the properties to "... with variables"
The i can edit the variable and at last look in to the metadata of the job.

It would be very handy to be able to right-click a job in the flow and have an option "view metadata"...

Robert
bens
Advanced member

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] : Metadata "browser"

Post by bens »

Hi Robert,

I can perhaps offer a workaround already: if you enable the jobs pane you can right click the header and in the popup menu select "Show columns". There you can enable up to 5 custom columns. If you right click the header of a custom column, you can set its header and value. And for the value you can use a variable or a script expression to read specific parts of the metadata. The column will update when you click on a folder containing jobs.

Hope this helps,
Ben
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] : Metadata "browser"

Post by gabrielp »

Yeah, this is a common complaint and I'm right there with you. It's annoying that you have to stop the flow and manipulate a connection property or whatnot to explore the metadata values. While this doesn't give you all metadata, this script outputs all private data and a list of datasets for a particular job, so its helpful for debugging: https://github.com/open-automation/swit ... ket-export
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.