Pitstop 13 Edit /Impose/Jobmaster/Acrobat DC

RichardA

Pitstop 13 Edit /Impose/Jobmaster/Acrobat DC

Post by RichardA »

Our customers use PitStop Edit 13 which we received through EFI as part of the Impose/Jobmaster software.for the Fiery DFEs. When installing it, if there is an existing version on DC installed it has to be removed and the version on the software disk has to be installed.

As soon as the install is complete, Adobe CC notifies that there is an update available for DC. If the update is installed, PitStop disappears. it is still present in Programs and Features, you just can't access it.

The software installer does not offer an option to just install PitStop.

Is there a way to maintain the PitStop install through the update process?

As much as our customers pay for CC, they are not going to not keep the software up to date. PitStop should not just disappear every time an update has to be done.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix or work around this I'd appreciate hearing your ideas.

Thanks
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Pitstop 13 Edit /Impose/Jobmaster/Acrobat DC

Post by Padawan »

If found that all installers for Acrobat plugins usually do is put stuff in here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\

I've played around with the things in there before and I expect it will work if you backup the Enfocus folder there and put it back afterwards.

(I've never worked with PitStop Edit before, but I think it should work the same as PitStop Pro)
RichardA

Re: Pitstop 13 Edit /Impose/Jobmaster/Acrobat DC

Post by RichardA »

OK, Thanks, I'll give that a try and post the results.