PitStop and Acrobat instability

rocketjam

PitStop and Acrobat instability

Post by rocketjam »

We have a terrible problem with PitStop and Acrobat being very unstable. After working on PDFs with PitStop for a relatively short time, things tend to get shakier and shakier until Acrobat quits unexpectedly. We also get a lot of interface quirks. For example, if you zoom in on a PDF we tend to lose PitStop's Select Object tool. The cursor turns into a hand and you can't select anything and you can't get the selection tool to come back. Sometimes switching to another running application then back to Acrobat will fix that but usually we have to quit Acrobat and start it up again. Those are a couple of examples of the problems we run into using PitStop everyday.

I tried upgrading to Acrobat DC recently on the hope that it may behave better with PitStop, but it was worse than Acrobat XI. To the point of being virtually unusable. I ended up uninstalling Acrobat DC and reinstalling Acrobat XI.

We also use FusionPro VDP Creator, another Acrobat plugin, for variable data work. Does anyone know if that could be causing problems with PitStop?

Finally, on the Enfocus support page as a solution to Acrobat crashing with PitStop installed, it suggests several files and folders to check permissions on. However it doesn't say what the permissions for these items should be. Can anyone tell me what the permissions for those items should be?

We are using Acrobat Pro XI and PitStop 13 update 1. Two of our Macs are running Yosemite and two of them are running El Capitan.

Thanks for any help on how to fix this.
bens
Advanced member

Re: PitStop and Acrobat instability

Post by bens »

There have been problems with the combination of FusionPro and PitStop Pro. If possible, I would suggest having those plugins in different installations of Acrobat.
Failing that, the only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of both plugins, and if the problem persist contact the support team of both companies.
rocketjam

Re: PitStop and Acrobat instability

Post by rocketjam »

Thank you. That is useful information and using two different Acrobat installs may be a good solution.