How to de-install Pitstop Pro

mvontwrp

How to de-install Pitstop Pro

Post by mvontwrp »

Because I haven't purchased a license of Pitstop Pro12, I would like to install Pitstop Pro 11. But first I have remove Pitstop Pro 12.
How to do that.

Hans
bens
Advanced member

Re: How to de-install Pitstop Pro

Post by bens »

Hi Hans,

On Windows this is quite easy: just run the installer or use the Control Panel.

Mac is a very strange OS which has no real concept of uninstall, so you will have to do it manually. And even more: Apple in all its wisdom often decides to change new versions of Mac OS so that old uninstall scripts no longer work. And even better, Adobe changed the location where plugins should be installed, complicating things even more. If I'm not mistaken, the latest incarnation requires this convoluted way:

1. Using Finder, navigate to the Acrobat application bundle
2. Right click the bundle and select "Show Package Contents"
3. Go to Contents - Plug-ins and remove "PitStop Pro.acroplugin", if it's present. If it's not there, go to step 4.
4. If you didn't find PitStop Pro in step 3, go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/<version>/Plug-ins, and again delete "PitStop Pro.acroplugin". If it's not there, it should've been inside the Acrobat bundle (step 3).
5. Open a terminal and type (or copy-paste) pkgutil --forget com.enfocus.pkg.PitStopPro
6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXJlX50Lj8
mvontwrp

Re: How to de-install Pitstop Pro

Post by mvontwrp »

Hi bens,

Thanks for your reaction.

Indeed I'm using Mac OS version 10. I tried all your suggestions, but there is no solution that works in my case.
First of all, when I right click (control-click) there is no option "Show Package Contents".

So I tried the other way. I went to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/<version>/Plug-ins, but the plug-ins bundle was empty.

At last I found this link:
http://supportportal.enfocus.com/Suppor ... 000jfeAIAQ

So, your help was in certain way very usefull, because I searched on the internet with the terms you used in your reaction.

So nagain, thank you.