Report resolution of images

LasseThid
Advanced member

Report resolution of images

Post by LasseThid »

Is there a way of creating an action list or preflight profile that will report the resolution of all images inside of a pdf?
I have a customer who sends me pdf files asking if they are good enough for print, so I'm thinking of setting up a switch flow that will generate a report listing the resolution of all images and have them e-mail the files to switch. Switch would then reply with a list of the image resolutions.
The action lists and preflight profiles I've tried will only say that the image is above or below a certain resolution, but not give me the actual resolution of the image.

What I'm looking for is something like this:

Resolution of image is x dpi.

Thanks
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
melaniec

Re: Report resolution of images

Post by melaniec »

I think what you're looking for is the "Gather image information" action. This creates a separate chapter with an overview of all selected images.
In a Preflight Profile, you can get this chapter by having the Preflight Report - Images checked in the General tab. (This is on by default.)
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Report resolution of images

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks melaniec.
I tried the Gather image information, but couldn't get it to work, so I tried to create a preflight report instead and that works perfectly. Now I just need to figure out how to get Switch to email me that report, but that's a question for a different forum... :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.