Global changes overprint

Samoamama

Global changes overprint

Post by Samoamama »

Nothing happens when I use "Changing overprint". Have added correct color. This is a new problem it was working just a month ago. No program updates since then. PDF created in QuarkXPress 2017, using Pantone colours. Using Acrobat DC and Pitstop 13,update 2.
Attachments
screendump.png
screendump.png (166.93 KiB) Viewed 5815 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Global changes overprint

Post by Padawan »

What kind of black are you trying to change the overprint of? Can you check the cmyk/rgb/... color values via the Inspector and let us know?

Edit: When re-reading I realize you most likely want to change the overprint of the pantone color. In a PDF there can be different pantone colors which all have the same spot color name. When the color details are different, but the spot color name is the same, then PitStop considers them different spot colors in most situations.

Can you try re-adding the spot color to the global change and make sure to use the spot color from the document you are working with? You should be able to choose it from the "Document Spot colors" in the Color Picker.
Samoamama

Post by Samoamama »

I have chosen the Pantone colour that is used in the document, exactly as you describe. But it won't change to overprint. I doesn't matter what document or what Pantone colour, it doesn't work...
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Then I think you'll have to report it to Enfocus Support.