Colour Management cannot be accessed

WheatleysBen

Colour Management cannot be accessed

Post by WheatleysBen »

Hi all, hoping someone can help me out. Im running Pitstop 13 on Acrobat X on a mac. Recently was prompted to and updated my operating system
to High sierra. Now all of a sudden when I goto use pitstop all the colour libraries and colour management seems to have broke. When i select an object with the inspector tool the colour is greyed out with a X inside the swatch. If i try to change a colour, or run a pitstop preflight change I get the following message alert. "the system colour management cannot be accessed". This is the same in the pantone libraries aswell, all greyed out with a X. It doesnt seem to be a Acrobat issue as if i use a acrobat preflight change it works.

I have try changing the CMM Engine in the colour management preferences and nothing changed. Im running out of ideas and this is causing major issues with regular work we have to do now being impossible.

I've attached some screenshots.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 11.43.17.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 11.43.17.png (203.62 KiB) Viewed 5987 times
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Colour Management cannot be accessed

Post by abailescollins »

I'm afraid that PitStop version does not support High Sierra.
You could try updating to PitStop 13 update 2, that doesn't support it either, but you have more chance.

If you really want it to work, you'll need to update to PitStop 2017
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
WheatleysBen

Post by WheatleysBen »

im now using pitstop 2017 and this is still an issue and still onccuring.

any ideas anyone? Could it be a permissions or folder access issue as that what it sounds like when it says "the system colour management cannot be accessed".

I do have restricted access to a lot of folders on my desktop at work. Could this be restricting things?

Ben
WheatleysBen

Post by WheatleysBen »

im now using pitstop 2017 and this is still an issue and still onccuring.

any ideas anyone? Could it be a permissions or folder access issue as that what it sounds like when it says "the system colour management cannot be accessed".

I do have restricted access to a lot of folders on my desktop at work. Could this be restricting things?

Ben