Change PDF Document Dimensions to Trim Marks, plus 10mm

bjs1965

Change PDF Document Dimensions to Trim Marks, plus 10mm

Post by bjs1965 »

Hi, first-time poster and new user; I apologise if this is a simple question, but I have not been able to work it out.

I believe that given a PDF that has a 'slug' area to the bottom of a PDF (say, an extra 30mm), and the rest of the PDF has 15mm extra outside of the trim area, that it is possible using PitStop Pro actions, to resize back to the Trim size, and then add an equal amount (say 10mm) on all edges, so that the PDF trimmed image is then 'centered" in the PDF page?

I hope this makes sense and, if so, can someone please point me in the right direction? :-)

Many thanks!
BJS
jslater

Re: Change PDF Document Dimensions to Trim Marks, plus 10mm

Post by jslater »

Hi,
This is easy enough to do with an action list. In the action list editor, under Page, you'll want to add two Change media box actions. Set the first one to resize the media box to the trim box, and then in the second, you can resize the media box by whatever given amount you need. Hope that helps.
bjs1965

Post by bjs1965 »

Many thanks, works perfectly!

Cheers!
printersinc

Post by printersinc »

jslater wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm Hi,
This is easy enough to do with an action list. In the action list editor, under Page, you'll want to add two Change media box actions. Set the first one to resize the media box to the trim box, and then in the second, you can resize the media box by whatever given amount you need. Hope that helps.
awesome! i needed this too, thanks works perfectly!