Check layout and pplit multiple PDFs into multiple renamed documents

raminmd

Check layout and pplit multiple PDFs into multiple renamed documents

Post by raminmd »

HI all,

I just downloaded pitstop pro trial version. Not sure if this is the right product for this as I cannot find any actions that will enable me to do the following.

I am trying to do create an action list that does two things -

1.) Split multiple PDFs in a folder into new documents. All the PDFs will be 2 page PDFs. Each PDF will be named by a job number. E.g. 21112. I need to be able to split it as follows - the first page will be 21112_Front.PDF and the second page will be "21112_back.PDF". We will usually have a batch of 5-10 PDFS that we will need to run this on. I would like to be able to do this all at once on all the PDFs.

2.) While splitting, check the orientation on the pages. If a particular page is portrait instead of landscape, I would like the page rotated to landscape (90 degrees clockwise) before it is split and renamed.

Both these actions need to be run as a batch. There are other actions that I would want to run on these PDFs separately once these two actions are completed but I wanted to get this to work first.

I do plan to eventually get the server edition so I could create hot folders. However, I first wanted to work with pitstop pro, make sure these actions were possible before I downloaded the server trial.

Thanks.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Check layout and pplit multiple PDFs into multiple renamed documents

Post by abailescollins »

You can't split documents in PitStop Pro I'm afraid.

For the sort of automation you are looking to do you would need PitStop2Switch.
This the Switch Core module and PitStop Server combined, it's the entry level Enfocus automation product bundle.

That will do what you are looking to do, and give you scope to do an awful lot more.

It's not available as a downloadable trial, but if you drop me a mail at andrewb@enfocus.com, we get one of our partners to make it happen.
Just tell me in what part of the world you are, and we'll get a trial arranged for you.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com