Any way for pitstop to change line weight to hairline?

RytisT

Any way for pitstop to change line weight to hairline?

Post by RytisT »

Hello, is there a way for pitstop to change line weight to hairline? If I enter the most minimum amount possible, and open the file in coreldraw, it still shows up as 0.1mm. Any ideas? Thanks.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Any way for pitstop to change line weight to hairline?

Post by bens »

If I put "0 pt" into the line weight edit field in the Inspector, I do get an actual 0 pt hairline. Are you sure you can trust coreldraw on this?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Why would you want a hairline out of interest?

If I remember correctly (and it's over ten years ago), "Hairline" is the smallest line the print engine could draw, that was with Postscript.
Not sure how it works in PDF, but if it's the same you could end up with one line of 2540 dpi Pixels.

In PitStop you probably need to override the default rounding to however many decimals you want.
It's an Action, under 'Settings'. "Override Rounding Rules'.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

abailescollins wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:21 pm Why would you want a hairline out of interest?

If I remember correctly (and it's over ten years ago), "Hairline" is the smallest line the print engine could draw, that was with Postscript.
Not sure how it works in PDF, but if it's the same you could end up with one line of 2540 dpi Pixels.

In PitStop you probably need to override the default rounding to however many decimals you want.
It's an Action, under 'Settings'. "Override Rounding Rules'.
I was creating an action list that would convert regular dye cutting line to "CutContour", which requires it to be hairline as far as I know.

And if anyone's interested, if set to 0.0003 mm, then it changes to hairline. (for coreldraw.)

Thanks for the help!