Need to move software from one computer to another

Cathy_GHMIT

Need to move software from one computer to another

Post by Cathy_GHMIT »

I am IT support for a newspaper which has two Pitstop 12 licenses bought and installed in 2014 on two computers at the newspaper office. We need to move one of the installs to a sister paper in a different office. On the computer which I'm going to delete the software from I found the license manager and ran it and exported out the license info. I found a link on https://accept-www.enfocus.com/en/support in the Downloads section which says "Old product installers", but when I click on it I am taken to a screen which insists that I create an Enfocus ID. Upon exploring that, the instructions say that I must use a personal email address (it seems that there will be some activation email that gets sent to that address). I don't own the software, so I shouldn't be registering it under a personal account, and my work email will be deleted if I were to leave the company, so that's not permanent, either. Since I work for the corporate parent my email address is in a different domain from the domains of either of the two newspapers, too.

Is there some way for me to download the Pitstop 12 installer(s) that they need to the newspaper computer without tying the software to me personally?
bens
Advanced member

Re: Need to move software from one computer to another

Post by bens »

The login to download the software doesn't tie it to your account - it just gives you a trial version which you can save and install. It's only the license activation that is tied to a specific enfocus account.

In other words: you can download it with any email address you want, even a throwaway one. You will still need an enfocus ID to activate it; contact your reseller or enfocus support through enfocus.com/support if that needs to be moved.
MJCambridge

Re: Need to move software from one computer to another

Post by MJCambridge »

I'd be interested to know whether this issue was resolved. Thanks, Mike Johnson