Disorganized Action List favorites

gigabeard

Disorganized Action List favorites

Post by gigabeard »

For years I have struggled with keeping my Favorites sorted alphabetically. I manually sort them several times a day, depending on how many times Acrobat crashes. This has happened on every computer I've used with PitStop Pro for the past 5+ years. I first noticed it on my Windows workstation at my old job back in 2013. I have two Macs at my current employer, and both have the same issue. So the problem is not platform-dependent, and the problem has spanned several versions of PitStop Pro.

Typical process of events:
1) Launch Acrobat, open the Action Lists window
2) Manually sort my favorites in alphabetical order
3) Acrobat crashes for any various reason
4) Launch Acrobat again, open the Action Lists window, and now all of my favorites have been unsorted
Screenshot of Action Lists Favorites
Screenshot of Action Lists Favorites
Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 11.56.08 AM.png (62.15 KiB) Viewed 10236 times
Several co-workers have complained about the same behavior. I have tried creating groups in hopes that it will make sorting easier, but this causes Acrobat to crash aggressively. After creating a group in Favorites, and dragging a dozen Action Lists to that group, Acrobat suddenly started crashing 100% of the time that I tried to drag-and-drop an Action List in the Action Lists window. It got so bad that I had to close out of Acrobat, find the filepath for my favorites (/Users/[user]/Library/Preferences/Enfocus Prefs Folder/Favorites/Action Lists/PitStop Pro 19), move all of the actions out of the group (folder), then delete the group from Finder. Only then was I able to use Action Lists again without constant crashes.

How can we keep our Favorites organized alphabetically? Even after Acrobat crashes? Can you guys add some sorting functionality to the Action Lists window? Any suggestions or recommendations?
bens
Advanced member

Re: Disorganized Action List favorites

Post by bens »

You should probably report this to Enfocus support so it can be fixed - and so you'll be notified if it is.

For now a workaround could be to create a backup of the (hidden) .infofile; at least this would save you from manually having to re-sort them.
gigabeard

Post by gigabeard »

I will report this right away.

Thank you for the suggestion on the .infofile. That works great!
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

We are having the same problem. where can i find the .infofile on a mac?
gigabeard

Post by gigabeard »

Just saw your message. It will vary slightly depending on which version you are using.
/Users/[your.name]/Library/Preferences/Enfocus Prefs Folder/Favorites/Action Lists/PitStop Pro 19/.infofile
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Im using osx 10.13.6 high sierra and acrobat pro 2017 with pitstop 2019. but i can not find the pitstop preferences folder.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Open a Finder window and press shift-command-G You should get a window with "Go to the folder:" Copa and paste this:

~/Library/Preferences/Enfocus Prefs Folder/Favorites/Action Lists/PitStop Pro 19/

The infofile is in that folder, but it is hidden. To show it, press shift-command-. (dot) The same key combination will hide the hidden files again. Note that this may only work if you're using an Apple keyboard.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

ok found it but does not matter for me still does not work. even if i restart acrobat normal the list is disorganized again.
CruzinCooler

Post by CruzinCooler »

Go up to the search window, the magnifying glass and select the tiny arrow and scroll down to Keep Sorted
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 10.22.28 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 10.22.28 AM.jpg (205.08 KiB) Viewed 5257 times