masking a page in pitstop

Robbie

masking a page in pitstop

Post by Robbie »

How can i mask off (cut away) one side of a page in pitstop?
We are making billboards of 10x12 meters but our printer is only 5 meters. so i need to copy the page and make a mask, one page for the left side and one mask for the right side.
laurentd

Re: masking a page in pitstop

Post by laurentd »

Hi Robbie,
You need to modify the page boxes of your pdf.
If you have a lot of documents to treat, also with variable sizes, you can automate this with PitStop Server (with free Switch Core since PitStop Server 2020) and the LFP PDF Slicer app. It does what you want and a lot more.
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... pdf-slicer
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Something you also might want to explore is the splitting a page in half Global Change/Action List.

You might have to tweak the Action List a little to give yourself the bleed/overlap you need, but this will work I think.
You can also split vertically or horizontally which would be useful.

This will literally split the document in half and make a left and right hand page.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

laurentd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 am Hi Robbie,
You need to modify the page boxes of your pdf.
If you have a lot of documents to treat, also with variable sizes, you can automate this with PitStop Server (with free Switch Core since PitStop Server 2020) and the LFP PDF Slicer app. It does what you want and a lot more.
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... pdf-slicer
I am modifying the page boxes but if the page is using vectors its all fine but if there is some image in there it wil gome back. so now i put white parts on the sides of the cut sides to get clean files.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

abailescollins wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:16 am Something you also might want to explore is the splitting a page in half Global Change/Action List.

You might have to tweak the Action List a little to give yourself the bleed/overlap you need, but this will work I think.
You can also split vertically or horizontally which would be useful.

This will literally split the document in half and make a left and right hand page.
I send you the file and result en pitstop flow mayby you can look at it