Site selection based on its content

13Apostel

Site selection based on its content

Post by 13Apostel »

Hallo, my first question ;)

I currently have a lot of print files in these on some pages a thru-cut is created as a spot contour. Unfortunately, there are also some pages in these that lack the thru-cut contour
On these pages I would now generate the contour based on the trimbox. Actually no problem either, but so far I have not found a way to select only the pages with a thru-cut that is not included and only list the action on these.
Is there a possibility with PitStop Client, if necessary I could also do this with the PitStop Server, but I would also like to have such an action in the client.

Thx

Johannes
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Site selection based on its content

Post by abailescollins »

So what you need for the selection is something that differentiates those pages without the contour, to the ones that have a contour.
The first place I would start is the contour itself, and use the 'Select page if content is selected' Action.

So something like:
Select Line Art
Select Spot Color (add the color of the contour)
Select page if content is selected
AND
AND

and then configure the 'Select page if content is selected' to 'Select Page if number of selected objects on it is. Less than 1'

That should select all the pages that do not have a contour, and you can then add the contour as you described.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com