copying image from one file to another

Steve-O

copying image from one file to another

Post by Steve-O »

What is the procedure for copying an image from one pdf file to another?
Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I selected an image in file A, pressed "COPY" and want to paste it in pdf file B.
If I can't do that, can I copy an Image in pdf file A to replace an image in pdf file B?

-Steve Robison
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: copying image from one file to another

Post by Padawan »

Can you double check that you have the PitStop Pro selection tool (green arrow) active, both when you copy from the old document and when you paste in the new document?
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

For some reason it worked that time. Pretty sure I always use the green selection arrow. So I have to be more careful I guess.
Next question related....how can I control where the graphic is pasted on the second pdf if I am not replacing a graphic but merely adding?
-Steve-O
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

The object will be placed on the active page. Once it is moved you can either drag it to the location you want or change the coordinates in the Inspector.

If dragging the object doesn't work, then you might need to enable "Move objects when dragging selection" in the Edit category of the PitStop Pro preferences.
Steve-O

moving an image on the page

Post by Steve-O »

So I am wondering if I am moving elements efficiently.
I often need to move an element and do select it with the Pitstop selection tool; hoever I cannot nudge it with the arrow keys until I select the Acrobat four pointed move tool. Am I doing this incorrectly?
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Hi Steve-O, try using Ctrl/Cmd + arrow keys. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys for larger steps.