resizing media and crop box

drcpub

resizing media and crop box

Post by drcpub »

I have several pdf's that are multi page. The media box is much larger than the art within the trim box and off center. On the bottom is information from Indesign slug. On the right side is misc information that is also not needed throwing everything in all different directions. I'd like to resize the art, crop and or media box to be .5 in all around from the trim box, so it looks uniform. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks again in advance
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: resizing media and crop box

Post by abailescollins »

You don't really need the Art and Crop Box, so I would get rid of them unless you have a reason for keeping them.
This (attached) Action List resizes the Media Box as described and removes the Art and Crop.
If you want to remove that Misc information as well, that's doable.
Attachments
Media Box 0.5 in bigger than Trim. Remove Crop and Art Box.eal.zip
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
drcpub

Post by drcpub »

Hi, wow, thanks. that was exactly what I needed. I added to it, removing existing crops, re-adding marks, then file name, page count to lower bottom left and Date and time to the lower bottom right. Now if I understand it, from reading about batch processing, this is limited to the server version of pitstop? Making batch files using this action is not possible with the stand alone version of pitstop 2020?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

PitStop Pro is manual, so it's a file at a time.
PitStop Server is the automated version.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com