Inspector Palatte

stome

Inspector Palatte

Post by stome »

Hi everyone,

When I'm in the inspector palette and select an object, I notice in the fill or stroke tab, the colors of the cmyk (or rgb) slider (ramps?) change colors depending on the color of the object. Is this normal and can I change it to just see cmyk (or rgb) color ramps in the slider bars?

Just curious.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 2.11.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 2.11.13 PM.png (165.33 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Inspector Palatte

Post by abailescollins »

The Inspector shows the colors and colorspace that the object uses.
It doesn't make sense to show anything else does it?

If you want a different color space you just need to convert or map the object to it!
You can do that under the 'Actions' option on the right, and many other ways as well.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
stome

Post by stome »

I guess what I'm asking is why the cyan, magenta, yellow, and black sliders change colors and not keep their respective process colors. I don't need to change the color spaces but just wondering why it does what it does when you select a certain color. I think I figured it out. Based on a certain color, you can adjust that color the way a particular channel is displaying the color ramps.

I originally thought I wanted just sliders representative of the color channels, like this, but now I know.
Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.12.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.12.37 AM.png (60.92 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
john.dean@esko.com

Post by john.dean@esko.com »

I understand what you are saying. You would expect the C, M, Y, and K sliders to remain in their respective colors showing 0 to 100%. But, think of it as an active color picker, similar to a color wheel in some design applications. As you slide a gradient location indicator, all channels reflect the change you are making. This way you can visually see the effect it would cause to move each or any slider.
Somewhat familiar with Enfocus products.