Send to back has disappeared

joe@lehighprint.us

Send to back has disappeared

Post by joe@lehighprint.us »

I used to be able to right-click and in the context dialog box, I was able to send to back, send to front, etc. an update occured and the choice is no longer there, and I cannot figure out how to get it back, or where it even is within the Pistop dialog boxes. can you help?

Thanks!
john.dean@esko.com

Re: Send to back has disappeared

Post by john.dean@esko.com »

I am using Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC 32-bit, PitStop 2021 and the contextual menu appears. Please advise of your configuration. Thanks.
context-menu.jpg
context-menu.jpg (77.95 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
You can perform this from the menu: PitStop Pro>Object>Bring Forward
change-layer-from-menu.jpg
change-layer-from-menu.jpg (150.45 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Somewhat familiar with Enfocus products.
joe@lehighprint.us

I am using windows 10, Acrobat Pro 32 bit 'Continuous Release - Version 2021.007.20099', Pitstop Pro 2021-- I used to have those dialog choices, exactly like what you showed, but I came in one day and they were gone. I did not change anything. The Mask options are gone also. I see they are both still there in the Menu item, but they have disappeared from the right-click context dropdown menu. I just downloaded and re-installed Pitstop. No change. I suspect Acrobat Pro did and update, the entire context menu is diferent, it even has icons at the top of the Right-Click Context Menu.
https://www.lehighprint.us/page/contextmenu
john.dean@esko.com

There is a logo in the upper left of the menu bar. Is that from Quite Imposing? Is it possible that it's clashing with something?
joe@lehighprint.us

Quite Imposing has always been there.. I tell you, I changed nothing,very stable installation, been going fine... just one day POW! no more context menu items... and I relied heavily on them, they are beautiful! now they are gone... Aaarrrgghhh!

Did you notice the icons at the top of the context menu also? I suspect Acrobat pro did an update....
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

It seems like Adobe indeed deployed an update to Acrobat, and you were one of the unlucky ones that got the build early. Long live continuous updates.

If you want you could report this on Adobe's UserVoice forum to help with visibility.
john.dean@esko.com

Adobe Acrobat release (v2021.011.20039) on Windows and macOS appears to have changed the behavior of the PitStop Pro tools contextual menu. When selecting an object using a PitStop Pro tool and then right-clicking, the contextual menu does not include all the PitStop Pro options, however, the complete list of options is still available in the PitStop Pro menu in the Acrobat menu bar.

There is also a workaround explained in the Knowledge Base article:

https://enfocus-community.force.com/cus ... uage=en_US

To summarize the KB article: keeping a toolset panel open from the Acrobat tool pane will allow the contextual menu to behave as expected.