color not selectable on text line

Steve-O

color not selectable on text line

Post by Steve-O »

I have a pdf file that has orange like highlighter on a line of black text. I can select the text and move the text off of the highlighted orange behind the text. I cannot select the highlighter type color after I have moved the text line off of the color. I have never seen an element that could not be selected in a pdf. Who can give me a hint ? Is it possible the color is on a locked layer? I would upload the file so that you can see my issue but I have not figured out how to properly discern the secret for attaching files.

Steve Robison
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: color not selectable on text line

Post by JimmyHartington »

Do not think you can attach a file directly.
But you could use a file sharing service. As long as you can get a public link to share.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Objects that cannot be selected by PitStop are typically annotations. Try flattening annotations with an Action List. There are other possibilities, but that's the most likely.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

JimmyHartington wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:51 am Do not think you can attach a file directly.
But you could use a file sharing service. As long as you can get a public link to share.
Thank you. I presume you are referring to a share link to something like Dropbox or Google Drive. I can do that.
-Steve
CruzinCooler

Post by CruzinCooler »

Steve-O wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:15 pm I have a pdf file that has orange like highlighter on a line of black text. I can select the text and move the text off of the highlighted orange behind the text. I cannot select the highlighter type color after I have moved the text line off of the color. I have never seen an element that could not be selected in a pdf. Who can give me a hint ? Is it possible the color is on a locked layer? I would upload the file so that you can see my issue but I have not figured out how to properly discern the secret for attaching files.

Steve Robison
Open the Tools > Comment palette. Select the Highlite text tool and from there you can right click and delete it. See attached screenshots.
Attachments
2 Select Highlight text tool and right click to delete.jpg
2 Select Highlight text tool and right click to delete.jpg (246.24 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
1 Select > Tools > Comment.jpg
1 Select > Tools > Comment.jpg (84.57 KiB) Viewed 2972 times