Remove 4 color process for 5 color pdf

drcpub

Remove 4 color process for 5 color pdf

Post by drcpub »

I have a sample pdf attached, it is 5 colors, 4 color process and 1 5th color PMS. I need to remove the 4 color process, leaving the 5th color all by itself. Sometimes, like the sample attached remapping the cyan, magenta, yellow and black, to “None” it removes the 4 color but does not leave a white box behind as place where the 4 color was. Int he case of the gradient photo, it also removes the 4 color but too does not leave a white gradient box.

My goal is to be able to be able to print the 5th color pms as a composite in a laser printer, so it comes out as color of the pms ink, rather than print separations and have it come out as black on the laser.

Can anyone provide a workable flow to doing this?

Thank you

sample file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16BfkL0 ... p=drivesdk
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Remove 4 color process for 5 color pdf

Post by magnussandstrom »

Would a solution be to map CMYK channels to 0% instead of ''None''?
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

Try this Action List: https://bit.ly/3ttywYw
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

So if we back up a bit, the end goal is to get a print of the Pantone 286 separation out of a color printer in the (nearish) correct blue color.
But only the Spot color, no CMYK.

The easiest way I can think of is to convert the CMYK to white via color curves or mapping (so you get the knockout hole). Then convert the Pantone 286 Spot to CMYK.
If all you want is the output to look correct, it doesn't matter what the file looks like. So convert the spot to CMYK and then print composite PDF.
This also gives you the option of tweaking the CMYK color to get closer to the Swatch Book.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com