PitStop 2022 Installation Problem

LasseThid
Advanced member

PitStop 2022 Installation Problem

Post by LasseThid »

I was experiencing problems with Adobe Acrobat crashing when I tried to preflight pdf files, so I decided to uninstall Acrobat and reinstall it to see if that would solve the problem.
First of all I deactivated my PitStop license. I then uninstalled PitStop as per the instructions found on Enfocus website.
I then uninstalled Acrobat as per Adobes instructions and reinstalled Acrobat. I then installed PitStop 2022 and started Acrobat to activate my license.
However, I am unable for find anything regarding PitStop in Acrobat. No 3rd party settings, no PitStop menu items, nothing.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acobat and PitStop numerous times and still I can't get it to work.
Finally I decided to try to install PitStop 2021 instead, but the system says I can't do that since I have PitStop 2022 installed.

How in the world do I uninstall/get rid of PitStop 2022 so I can try to install PitStop 2021?
It's driving me crazy and I've already lost three hours of work... *sigh*

Found the answer to my questions here:
https://enfocus-community.force.com/cus ... e-2022-004
Enfocus Switch 2020 Fall Edition, Enfocus PitStop Server 2020, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream 12 & Kodak Prinergy 8.2 with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: PitStop 2022 Installation Problem

Post by JimmyHartington »

I had the same problem last week when installing Pitstop Pro on Catalina.
If it is possible for Enfocus, maybe they could add a check for the macOS version and display a warning, which says that there could be an issue if Pitstop Pro does not show up in Acrobat.
CruzinCooler

Post by CruzinCooler »

I don't believe you stated what version of Acrobat you are using or what operating system you are running.
john.dean@esko.com

Post by john.dean@esko.com »

There is a known issue with a Catalina security update that causes a PitStop Pro installation to fail. Please see the KB article below. Also know that we are working on a fix and will provide an updated installer as soon as possible.

https://enfocus-community.force.com/cus ... e-2022-004

I apologize for any inconvenience,
John
Somewhat familiar with Enfocus products.