Problem with Pitstop Server CMM

magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Problem with Pitstop Server CMM

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi, I have an issue with the Color Management in Ptstop Server (v21 update 1, Win Server 2016).

1. I have setup the Color Settings in Preferences (see attached settings).
2. I built a flow in Switch where I only using the built in Pitstop Action list 'Convert Color to CMYK'.

When using the flow with my test-file a get a very strange result (see zip-file). When I run the Action list locally on my Mac (with the same Color Settings) everything converts as expected (also in zip-file).

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is?

My test file, color settings and results: https://bit.ly/3s6z7y9
bens
Advanced member

Re: Problem with Pitstop Server CMM

Post by bens »

Did you set the colour management settings only in the PitStop Server preferences, or also on the PitStop Server configurator in Switch? The configurator does not use the preferences from PitStop Server, it uses its own settings. It looks like the conversion was done with CMM disabled, which is the default for the configurator.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

Thanks Bens, that was the problem! I thought that the Pitstop Configurator was using the Pitstop Server color settings. Thanks!
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

If you add "Overwrite Color Management Settings" to your action list, I'm pretty sure that will overwrite the settings in the configurator. I haven't tested thoug.