Barcode with user defined color (PitStop Server 2018)

nmichael

Barcode with user defined color (PitStop Server 2018)

Post by nmichael »

Hi everyone,

I ran into a problem that I was not able to solve :/

In an PDF I want to add a barcode. In the action list there is a tab "Color" and in that, a dropdown menu for the color where I can choose "Benutzer-Farbfeld". I don't know what this is labled in the english version, but normally this is where user defined colors can be chosen. When selecting this, I can not choose or edit the colors name. It is set to Black by default.

Normally I would work around and use PitStop Pro for editing the action. But as Barcodes are new to Version 2018 and I only have PitStop Pro 2013 available I am not able to do it that way.

Is there a way to edit this color in PitStop Server?

Kind Regards
Nico
bens
Advanced member

Re: Barcode with user defined color (PitStop Server 2018)

Post by bens »

Unfortunately this is not currently possible in PitStop Server since there is no colour picker. There may be a way to work around it by changing the colour after adding the barcode though. Try this:

1. In PitStop Pro create an Action List with only a "change color" action. Set it to the colour you want in the barcode.
2. In PitStop Server import the Action List from step 1, and edit it to something like this:
Add barcode
Select last added objects
Change fill color

If your barcode has a background (this is on by default) you will also need to filter that out of the selection before the "change fill color" action.

It's probably easier to create this Action List in PitStop Pro and experiment with it there - you can replace the "Add barcode" action with something else that adds objects (e.g. "add copied graphics" or "add object") until you get it to work in Pro, and then switch to Server to get the "add barcode" in there.

Or just invest in a PitStop Pro upgrade, it has a lot more features you'll love ;-)
nmichael

Re: Barcode with user defined color (PitStop Server 2018)

Post by nmichael »

Hi Bens,

thanks a lot for replying. I will definitely try this - or just get my boss to update to 2018 ;)