Switch from 64 to the 32 bit version

Ande

Switch from 64 to the 32 bit version

Post by Ande »

Hi,

We are currently using 64 bit Pitstop Server 13 and come across the situation where we need 32 bit version in order to use Adobe CMM for color management. We are using Windows server, so the switch is possible. Question is how to do it the easiest way?

Can we just install a new update package as 32 bit version over the old one? Or do we need to unactivate lisence, uninstall the old one and then install 32 bit version and activate it?
bens
Advanced member

Re: Switch from 64 to the 32 bit version

Post by bens »

The same license is used for both 32 and 64 bit versions. I'm not sure whether you can simply install one over the other - it might be better to uninstall the 64 bit version then install the 32 bit. But you should not need to reactivate or recreate any hotfolders or settings (although it's always a good idea to create a backup of course).
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Switch from 64 to the 32 bit version

Post by abailescollins »

Just a note Ande.
The Adobe CMM will never be available on 64 bit. The Adobe ACE is, but that's something different.
I had a lot of feedback from customers who were concerned about not using the Adobe CMM, especially on Macintosh where no 32-Bit version is available.
The recommendation is to use the Little CMS CMM, I've recommended this to many PitStop users and many of them have extensively tested before making the change. Little CMS will give the same result as the Adobe CMM, if there are any differences they are not noticeable with the human eye.
If you like to test this you can always set up a new separate hotfolder in PitStop Server and configure one to use Adobe and another to use Little CMS and then compare the results.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com