Different result from Pitstop Pro and Pitstop Server

pargorner

Different result from Pitstop Pro and Pitstop Server

Post by pargorner »

Hi

I have an action list that I have created in Pitstop Pro 13 and I use this to down sample pdf´s from 400 dpi to 200 dpi.
When I do this with Pitstop Pro in Acrobat I get the result I want.
But the result differ when I use the action with Pitstop Server 13 and Switch 13. To be honest, I can not see any issues with quality.
The problem is the file size that gets to big. I´m expecting around 20 mb, but usually get a file four times as heavy.

Any one had the same problem?
pargorner

Re: Different result from Pitstop Pro and Pitstop Server

Post by pargorner »

Problem solved.

I got the solution from Jonas Yde at the Pitstop Linkedin group.

"The images have to be recompressed as part of the resample step. When you execute the Action List in PitStop Pro it has to be recompressed by Acrobat for technical reasons, when you execute the Action List in PitStop Server it will be recompressed using Enfocus code.

When it is recompressed in PitStop Server this will be done on maximum quality by default, if it is done in PitStop Pro it will use the default quality settings of Acrobat which are lower. Files processed by PitStop Server can be larger because they are recompressed with the higher quality.

You can get smaller files in PitStop Server by changing the default values for recompression in your action list. You can do this by adding the "Override default image recompression" action at the top of your action list and change the quality setting in the action list."