Automating PitStop Server

Triki_Islem

Automating PitStop Server

Post by Triki_Islem »

Hello,

How to know that the preflight of a document that I submitted in the InpuFolder is done so I can recuperate the XML report from the output Folder and use it after.
I want to know if it can be done automatically(to be used in a program), to be used in an automated workflow(Not using Switch)
bens
Advanced member

Re: Automating PitStop Server

Post by bens »

You could use the PitStop Server CLI (Command Line Interface), which is installed alongside PitStop Server (PitStopServerCLI.exe on Windows, PitStopServerCLI on Mac). You can run the CLI by starting it in another application or script. Telling it what to do is done either with command line arguments, or with a config xml. A sample config xml is also included in the installation. The external application or script then simply waits for the CLI to finish, checks the return value to make sure there were no processing errors (preflight errors are included in the xml report), and can use the report.

For optimal processing speed you can make sure PitStop Server is already running in the background, or ask the CLI to start it. This is not required (the CLI can process by itself), but will improve throughput.

This is included with your normal PitStop Server license, so PitStop Server must be licensed on the machine running the CLI.