Rich black text

jmlevy

Rich black text

Post by jmlevy »

Hi,
I am aware that I can convert C100M100Y100K100 text to black only with an action script, but what I want to do is to find any PDF file with this problem and flag it as an error without fixing the issue.
I thought I could do this with a preflight profile but I do not see this option anywhere.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Rich black text

Post by abailescollins »

You'll need an Action List for this, that you can add to your preflight profile.
If you look at some of the later GWG profiles that ship with PitStop, you will find one already made that you can modify for your own values.

If you open up one of the profiles, look that the bottom of the category lists and you'll see the Action list area.
Within the check panels you will see a rich black check that you can export and use.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
jmlevy

Post by jmlevy »

Yes, as I wrote, I knew that an action list (and not action script — my mistake) allowed me to do this, but our prepress department wanted only to flag the files and send them in the error folder, because they want to send back the files to the designers that created the incorrect files.

Is it possible?
lombert

Post by lombert »

If you only checks for this, then you can set so if the pitstop-report says error then the file goes an other way, and if the pitstop-report don't find any problem the file can go the normal way..
Between jobs!
jmlevy

Post by jmlevy »

But I can't find any settings in the preflight profile to flag this as an error…
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Create an Action List like this:

Select text segments
Select color: CMYK with 100% for each component
AND
Log selection

This will log all text objects with 100% C 100% M 100% Y 100% K.

More generally you could also catch all text using multiple plates:

Select text segments
Check number of color plates: must be 1 plate.