Error code: 254

Sara_VB

Error code: 254

Post by Sara_VB »

Hi,

I'm actually testing a flow with a preflight on my PDF.

When I use a standard profile (for example : PDF X1a 2001) the flow is OK but when I set my own profile, I get the message bellow :
The PitStop Server CLI gave an unknown error code: 254

Could someone tell me what does this error stand for ?

Thanks for your help !
Sara
bens
Advanced member

Re: Error code: 254

Post by bens »

The PitStop Server CLI error codes are listed in the documentation:
http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuid ... S/home.htm under "The Command Line Interface - Exit behavior - Error codes.

254 is a PitStop Library error. There should be another log message with the PitStop Library error code and description.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

I got this error message twice recently and they were all related to a bad setting in a switch flow while using the PitStop Server configurator.
1) Unspecified variable
2) Messages set as customized but no declared strings
Obviuously I would look at such an issue.
HTH
Loic
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

I got the same error today in Switch. It turned out that I had linked an action list instead of a preflight profile in the configurator... :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Support told me a way to get the extra error information bens is talking about.

- In the Jobs pane, right click a column name, choose "Show Columns", "Custom 1"
- Right click the "Custom 1" column name, then choose "Set column Header", then type "PitStop Error"
- Right click the "Custom 1" column name, then choose "Set column Value", then choose define single line text with variables
- Fill in this variable:

Code: Select all

[Metadata.Text:Path="/tr:TaskReport/tr:ErrorMessage",Dataset="com.enfocus.PitStopServer.cli-taskreport",Model="XML"]
- Apply
- Show the contents of the problem jobs in the Jobs pane, the new custom column will now show the extra information