Insert image

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Insert image

Post by Terkelsen »

Hi Jimmy ;-)

No, I don't mind sharing. This is an example where a black text PDF (available in 15 different languages) is merged with the same 4-color PDF. The PDF with the black text is dropped in the input folder and the Inject Job element is picking up the corresponding 4c PDF.

To make sure that the 4c PDF is always placed as page 1 when merged with the black PDF I use the Rename feature to ad the suffix "1$" to the 4c PDF and "2$" to the black PDF. The Assemble Job will then name the folder "JobName Proper after $".

The PitStop action following the Merge will copy everything on page 1, paste it in the background on page 2 and delete page 1.

(In this case the US-version is slightly smaller that the rest, which is why it's sorted out and merged with another 4c PDF and Page 164 has to be treated with a specific action, but don't let that confuse you :-))
Skærmbillede 2018-06-01 kl. 10.57.38.png
Skærmbillede 2018-06-01 kl. 10.57.38.png (60.63 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

It is a bit like I thought.

I ended up with the flow below.

The process involves overlaying 3 different graphics in one pdf-file.
All files need size, but not all need cupsize or sticker.

I use the same technic to copy graphics from page 1 to page 2 in pdf. It is the place variable by using a custom-spot color, which is selected and defines the art box.
The art box region can the be used to place the graphic.

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

While we are still waiting for Enfocus to implement an Overlay feature in Pitstop Server :roll: , this is a useful workaround. I presume that you have named the injected files in a way, that will always make sure that they are placed as the first page when merging?
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

Yes.

This flow is started by a csv-file, which is converted to XML and picks up a pdf, named from one of the fields.
And it always starts with "P" and the files injected always start with "0-" and then a field name from the csv.

So I am sure of the order :-)