Transparency flattening issue

loicaigon
Advanced member

Transparency flattening issue

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

I am flattening transparency with PS for a client in order to outline fonts. A transparent object is added to the file in order to force flattening.
I know already it shouldn't be done this way but it's not the point of my post here.

Anyway, fact is PS states the flattening went fine but once I edit the file in Acrobat, I can see that the transparent areas remained. So I am very troubled. Why the transparency wouldn't be flattened inspite PS is set to do so ?

Thanks in advance for your possible insights.

Loic
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Transparency flattening issue

Post by abailescollins »

One for partner support I think Loic

Why not just use the outline fonts Action List, no need to add transparency for that?
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hi Andrew,

I did send my request for support so fingers crossed I will get some useful feedback from there ;)

As for "Outline action", it seems it fails outlining if the font isn't accessible. That makes perfectly sense. But weirdly enough, flattening transparency will allow outlining fonts when the action can't. Of course it has a lot of side effects and this is not something I encourage. But sometimes, it's the only way around so…

I have been told that this result is due to some Adobe Computations that try to figure out how the font should look like once outlined. I admit I have no clue about it works exactly and feel free to share your feedback.

Best regards

Loic
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Sounds very dangerous to run in an automated workflow, but if it works then that's the important thing.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Okay
So I got feedback from support and problem was that actions are executed after the flattening happens. So instead of getting rid of transparency, I was actually adding some.
Once I decoupled action and flatteing through two different threads, all went fine.