Preflight to check if specific spot color exists

LasseThid
Advanced member

Preflight to check if specific spot color exists

Post by LasseThid »

Is it possible to preflight to see whether the spot color Cut is present in the file or not?
Also is it possible to return a yes/no or true/false for use in Switch?
I.e. if the spot color Cut exists go this way otherwise go that way.

Update: In the section Extra you can add action lists to the preflight, so I was able to add the action Detect Specific Spot Color and set it to look for Cut.
If I then set PitStop server to generate an XML I can see that if the spot color exists in the pdf I get a message say Spot color Cut is used (1x on page 1), but if it isn't detected then there is no message at all.

Update 2: Solved! By adding another Log Selection in the action list I was able to add a message if the color was not present and by renaming the report I'm able to use XML pickup and the rest solved itself... :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
PdFUser5000

Re: Preflight to check if specific spot color exists

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Is it possible to do this with 2 groups of spot colors, so that i could sort them by used colors later in switch?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Preflight to check if specific spot color exists

Post by abailescollins »

Yes, the important thing is to get the spot color names in to the XML report, then Switch can use them.

In Switch you can also see document spot colors in the "Define Text with variables' > Stats > Colorants >

But you need a sample PDF in the flow, on hold, to see any in the interface.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com