Pitstop server bug on Windows

v1ncent

Pitstop server bug on Windows

Post by v1ncent »

Hello

I have some problems that appears recently.
I have an instance of Pitstop Server (12 update 3) running on Windows Server 2012. We manage up to 100 files a day, and each files can go trough 10 profiles or action scripts.
There are some errors froms times to time but considering the number of file it's no big deal (far less than 1%).

The problem these days come from windows I think.
Usually, when something go wrong, a pitstop process stops, we have a popup which says the process has stopped, and the watchdog launch another process. The file with the problem didn't work but the process continue with other files. If i check the server one time a day i can assume the process works.

These days things go differently : when pitstop has a problem, I have a popup "Enfocus ... is not responding, what do you wan't to do ?" (not the exact message) and two choice (one of them is to stop the programm, i don't remember the other).
So, the process didn't stop unless i press the button, and the watchdog didn't relaunch it, so no new file can work. I have to be there 24 hours a day to push the button if there is something wrong...

Is there an explanation of why i have this kind of errors now and not before ? Is there somthing i can do to prevent it (compatibility mode ? administrator ? an option when the program is launched ?)
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Pitstop server bug on Windows

Post by Padawan »

What you are seeing is a dialog from Windows Error Reporting. It should be possible to disable those by disabling windows error reporting.

If you work with an IT department, then it is possible it is appearing because they added rules to enable it via group policy. If so, then they can disable it again.

If your IT department didn't do anything like it, then you can google "disable windows error reporting <your windows version>" for instructions to get rid of those alerts.
v1ncent

Re: Pitstop server bug on Windows

Post by v1ncent »

thank you i didn't knew it was possible. I'll try that