Serious Issues with PitStop Server 2018 + SWITCH

NEOSA

Serious Issues with PitStop Server 2018 + SWITCH

Post by NEOSA »

Hello,

Information received from Enfocus :

"Unfortunately, customers have reported a severe bug in the PitStop Server 2018 configurator in Switch, when upgrading to PitStop Server 2018 from older versions.

All Preflight Profiles and Action Lists are lost, which causes production downtime. This is the case on both Mac and Windows.

I would recommend that your customers do not upgrade until we get to the bottom of the issue.

Please note this only effects the Switch configurator for PitStop Server 2018, the standalone PitStop Server application is fine.

We expect the issue to be resolved quickly, but we are going to completely re-test the configurator again to make sure everything is correct before releasing it.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more news.

If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to email me directly."
Zoranj

Re: Serious Issues with PitStop Server 2018 + SWITCH

Post by Zoranj »

In my case I lost all action lists that were standard.
All my custom profiles and action lists were still there.

Luckily I only had couple of standard actions in use, most of the things are customized on my end.
It was easy just to pick new "standard" actions from new configurator and I was back up and running.
Arthur

Re: Serious Issues with PitStop Server 2018 + SWITCH

Post by Arthur »

As Zoranj said - it seems to be the case of repointing to the relevant action back again and you're up and running. Also seems like the most secure option is to have your custom actions or preflight profiles as individual external files, to be pointed to.
This works :)