How to place an image?

mart3223

How to place an image?

Post by mart3223 »

Hello All,

I have a question. We are using Pitstop Server / Pitstop Pro and Switch (versions 2018). We are making our Job sheet with variables in Pitstop. That works fine. At this moment we want to add in the PDF file of the job sheet a PNG image in the right bottom. The file is must be linked with a variable (every Job has his own PNG image). How can I place the PNG file, on the PDF file. I can't find any Action for adding a image in Pitstop Pro. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Martijn.
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: How to place an image?

Post by Padawan »

Hi Martijn,

PitStop is able to add fixed images to a PDF using the "Add copied graphics" action, but not variable images.

I know there are command line tools to stamp variable images to PDF files. I believe pdftk server might be able to do it, but I'm not sure.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: How to place an image?

Post by Terkelsen »

Since you have both PitStop Server and Switch, here is what you can do. It's a long way, but it will work.

In Switch set up a flow that will inject the png when a PDF is coming in. I Presume there is some kind of relation between the PDF and the corresponding png (part of name, order number etc.).
Use the acrobat configurator to open the png and turn it into a pdf. Now merge the two PDFs so that the image is the first page and the original PDF is the second page.
Make an action that selects everything on page one and copy or cut the selection. Place the selection on page two.
Then delete page one and you are done.
You might have to resize and move the image on page one before cut/copy but it can all be done in one action.
I have used this method to replace lowress images in a PDF with highress images and it works just fine on hundreds of files.