Search text - expression in PDF

ChritianK

Search text - expression in PDF

Post by ChritianK »

Hi all,
I'd like to know if I could made some action list to check the value of text in a PDF, to verify if the items code is correct from the version of PDF.
Let me explain :
- Have PDFs for a catalog in 3 Versions.
- Each articles have a ref number, with a number code
example :
Catalog version 45 - Articles in PDF have this ref number : 45xx-xxx where the 2 first numbers are equal to catalog version
Catalog version 47 - Articles in PDF : 47xx-xxx
Catalog version 51 - Articles in PDF : 51xx-xxx

So I'd like to made action list to search an find text that is similar to xxxx-xxxx, and then verify if the 2 numbers at the beginning are equal to version catalog.
I'v made a script in Enfocus Pitstop Pro with search text, but it's limited option, only find text that contain a specific characters, I didn't have options to specify searching this format "xxxx-xxx" and then compare 2 numers at the beginning with a specific value, and if it's wrong then PDF goes in error.

This could be great to verify the items refs for each versions, if the refs in place is the good with the catalog version.

Hope my english is understanding !

Thx,
Christian
fraforno

Re: Search text - expression in PDF

Post by fraforno »

I have a similar problem too so I'm following this thread: I'd like to extract some text from PDF files (for example with a coodinate-based system) using PitStop Server but I can't figure out how or if it is possible at all.
ChritianK

Post by ChritianK »

Always have this issue but I'm looking for solutions.... maybe it could be done if it's available to export PDF to xml, so after that search expression in .xml file...
Acrobat Pro can export PDF to XML file, I have all informations in this file ok, now looking how can I work with it with Switch...
ChritianK

Post by ChritianK »

fraforno wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:17 am I have a similar problem too so I'm following this thread: I'd like to extract some text from PDF files (for example with a coodinate-based system) using PitStop Server but I can't figure out how or if it is possible at all.
Hi Fraforno ,
For me, found solution, from a developer who made script for me and it's works well ! Now I'm lookong for solution to use it with Enfocus Switch, but have some issues with execute command and variables, because I didn't really understand how to use it...( I've made another post for that issue)