Pitstop Server reports- more detail needed

beth.kranz

Pitstop Server reports- more detail needed

Post by beth.kranz »

Hi, I am new to pitstop, so I have a basic question for this team. My department would like to leverage pitstop server's canned action list that checks a PDF for empty pages, and then generate a report that specifies the exact pages that are found to be empty. As I've worked through this using a variety of test files, I see the pitstop report returns a few variations, depending on what is found. Examples below.

1. No errors or warnings were found. No fixes were required
2. Page is empty (4x on pages 6,12,370,372)
3. Page is empty (35x on pages 12...1028)

Output like #1 and #2 provide the detail we need, however it seems on longer files, there is a threshold where pitstop only reports a frequency of empty pages, but not the specific pages found to be empty. For report #3 to be helpful, we would need to see a list of the 35 pages that are empty; not just the fact that there are 35 pages somewhere in the file that are empty.
Is this kind of functionality available? How can I modify the empty page action list, or perhaps some other feature in pitstop server to give me the level of detail our department needs? thank you.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Pitstop Server reports- more detail needed

Post by Padawan »

I think the original idea was that humans would not read a long list of page numbers. Can you change the report type to xml and check that? I expect that that will contain all the page numbers.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Pitstop Server reports- more detail needed

Post by abailescollins »

Check out the Color Type Report Chapter
That will list empty, B+W, and Color pages by total and each individual page. (PitStop 2018 feature)
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com