Learning Smart Preflight with Pitstop Server by using Job Ticket

kitoy

Learning Smart Preflight with Pitstop Server by using Job Ticket

Post by kitoy »

I want to learn about this process but I don't know where to start. Anyone that can recommend tutorials or webinar for this. I already know some stuff about creating the smart preflight but a very small amount of knowledge on job tickets.

We don't own any enfocus connect software. Will that be a problem for me?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Learning Smart Preflight with Pitstop Server by using Job Ticket

Post by abailescollins »

You don't need Enfocus Connect.
If you have PitStop Server already, you just need an XML that supplies data about each PDF or job.
That normally comes from something like a web2print or an MIS.
This needs to generate an XML with the same name as the PDF so PitStop Server knows which XML to map with which PDF.
That then has to find its way into the correct hotfolder for PitStop Server.
There's a wait period you can configure, so a PDF waits for a matching XML or vice verse.
After the wait period expires it can either error or the PDF directed to another hotfolder.

Then Smart Preflight comes into it, and you configure your variable set to pick up the data for the PitStop Checks and fixes from the XML.

If you need a little more integration, need database connections or other tools you can upgrade to PitStop2Switch and then add Switch functionality then. It just depends what you are trying to do and how far you want to go.

Hope that helps?
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
kitoy

Post by kitoy »

Thanks Andrew for your reply. Yes, we do own a pitstop server. My only problem now is the XML part. If I am to generate the xml on my own, what are the needed xml data/properties so I can match with the variable set.
kitoy

Post by kitoy »

I did it!!! I successfully created a simple process(changing trim size) by trial and error.

All I need to do now is to create a program that will generate an xml based on my specifications.

Thanks a lot Andrew!! :o :o :lol: :lol:
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Great news, glad I was of help.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com