Create Low Res PDF with File Size Validation

Santhosh@82

Create Low Res PDF with File Size Validation

Post by Santhosh@82 »

Hi,

I want to downsample 1000 number of High Res PDF files in to Low Res (150DPI) and i have a requirement to validate the Low Res output PDF file size. It should be below 10MB. Please let me know how do i validate the PDF file size after executed image downsample action in Pitstop server. Currently i have Enfocus 10 Server and 13 Server in our end. Please advise.

Thanks,
Santhosh
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Create Low Res PDF with File Size Validation

Post by abailescollins »

I can't think of any way you can do that with those versions of PitStop Server I am afraid.
You can do it with PitStop 2020 as that is now Switch based, and you could then route the files after PDF processing based on their file size.
That's the only way I can think of doing this as there isn't a specific size check in PitStop Server itself.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
Santhosh@82

Post by Santhosh@82 »

Could you please explain the way how to execute it in Pitstop Pro 2020. So that i will check in trail version.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

I'll try.
Firstly understand that this functionality is not in PitStop Server itself, it is in Switch Core which now ships with PitStop Server.
We are in a transition to make PitStop Server Switch based, so a lot of new workflow and variable functionality is now available.

With the Switch aspect you can define workflows, and part of this is file routing.
You have the ability to route on various things such as file name, and file type, but also on the characteristics of files.
In this case we are going to use the file size, so you would have two routes in the workflow, one for files -10mb, one for files +10mb.

Below is a screenshot of the variable you need for routing on the file size.
If you look at the documentation, you would need to route on 'Define Condition with Variables'.

filesize.jpg
filesize.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
Santhosh@82

Post by Santhosh@82 »

Thanks for the reply.