Error - No other information

primarycolorinc

Error - No other information

Post by primarycolorinc »

Good Afternoon,

I am converting .ai files to .pdf. The conversion worked now my file is be sent to a error folder. When I open Pitstop Server to view what went wrong, all I able to see is the attached image. "Error"

Is there a way to get more details from Pitstop Server? Switch has the "Messages" panel, is there something similar that I am missing in the Pitstop?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.50.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.50.54 PM.png (238.54 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
bens
Advanced member

Re: Error - No other information

Post by bens »

That "Error" in your screenshot is the preflight status. That is: a check somewhere in the Preflight Profile or Action List(s) you use flagged an error in the PDF. This may be a bit confusing, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything went wrong! It could for example just be that the PDF contains an RGB object and your Preflight Profile says only CMYK should be accepted.

As for the details about what was flagged: that information is in the preflight report. Where to find this depends on how your Switch flow is set up. Find the PitStop Server element in your Switch flow and check its "Report type" property. If it's set to "None" then you have no report, and you should change that. If it's anything else, then the report file is sent to the "Log" connection of the PitStop Server configurator. If you don't have a log connection then the report is discarded (again, you should probably change that).
primarycolorinc

Re: Error - No other information

Post by primarycolorinc »

Thank you, great response. I have questions and need to test before I can try to explain. If you are available I will have a few questions in the next day or so.

Thank you again.