Action list not performed icm preflight

macfocus

Action list not performed icm preflight

Post by macfocus »

Hi all,

We use PS Server to preflight adverts.
This is done via the CLI.

We now also need to force the bleed box to certain values (same as Trimbox)
For this we want to use the default action list » Generate Bleed to 3mm if Some, None, or not Enough".
The preflight profile in question is based on "GWG_MagazineAds_2012" (only renamed).

We notice (even in Pitstop Pro and PS Server in hot folder mode), that the action list is not processed (or at least there is no result).
The action list run separately does work fine.
If I set-up a set of cascading hot folders where the output of preflight = input for action list, everything is fine.

The question is, why is my action list not being processed (or maybe overridden).
Are there limitations?

As far as I understand, the action lists are processed first and then the preflight takes place.
That obviously makes sense.

Any insights and help are highly appreciated.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Action list not performed icm preflight

Post by bens »

How are you calling the CLI? More specifically, how are you telling it which Preflight Profile and Action List(s) to use? I believe that on the command line you can only pass one at a time, but if you use a config xml you can have as many as you want.
macfocus

Post by macfocus »

Hi,

We use a config file.
But as I mentioned in my opening post, the problem also occurs when using the hot folder mechanism.

Question is , Why?

Thanks for any insights.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Sorry I misunderstood.

The GWG profile contains a number of changes regarding page boxes. In the Profile Editor go to the Action List tab try disabling everything in the "Changes" list and try again. If it works then try re-enabling the change Action Lists one by one to find which one breaks it. My guess is it's either the "Fix CropBox" or "Override Configuration".

Adding bleed relies on the page boxes being set correctly, and the order of changes can have a big influence.

If this doesn't help you may need to contact Enfocus support.